I am Marine – an expert and independent consultant in legal and policy developments regarding EU affairs, energy, fuel poverty, consumer protection and dispute resolution, at European and international levels. My outgoing and curious personality got me interested in sustainable development, energy efficiency, mobility and questions related to Smart Cities.
10 things to know about me:
1. Working for clean energy, sustainable development, make the world a better and fairer place, fighting against energy poverty and climate change, is not only my job, but it’s also my passion and my lifestyle
2. My colleagues and clients say about me that I’m very detail-oriented, autonomous, wilful, efficient and proactive
3. I love being on the learning curve and be very thorough. That’s why I’m so enthusiastic about being a consultant
4. I always try to think out of the box in order to provide a groundbreaking analysis and solutions and I don’t mind sharing challenging points of views.
5. I like to share my ideas both orally and in writing
6. I’m adventurous, resilient and determined (must be why I’m a marathoner)
7. My longest professional experience is with NEON, the network of energy ombudsmen and alternative dispute resolution providers: I structured it while in its early stages and made it visible, I managed European public affairs, advocacy and policy on Energy, ADR, ODR and Consumer protection
8. I love learning new languages and discovering new cultures. Actually, I’m fluent in French, English and Italian and I know some Spanish, Dutch and Bulgarian.
9. I live in Turin, Italy, but I’ve also lived in Brussels, Paris, Lille, Plovdiv and Budapest, and I was born in Bordeaux. Did I say I love travelling?
10. My favourite quote is “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” (Einstein)
In practice, my mission is to provide support and policy analysis services and advise organisations to set up strategies to put the citizens back to the centre of the (energy) markets, understand the needs and improve their relationships with their users, in particular, the most in need.
I put my skills and expertise at the service of think tanks, public bodies, cities, and regions, private companies, associations, universities or research centres. I am regularly invited to share my experience and expertise at events organised by different interlocutors, such as the European Commission and the Energy Poverty Observatory.
I am currently an expert consultant for the ESRC Just Energy research project on access to justice for vulnerable and energy poor consumers in the European energy markets, for which I provide strategy, investigation, and policy analysis services.
I got into consumer protection, justice and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) through my 6-year experience as the Secretary-General of NEON, the European network of energy dispute-resolution services and ombudsmen.
I have a background in Political sciences and economics, having graduated from Sciences Po. Lille and the Lille University of Economics.